Benjamin & Joseph,
The day you were born was such a special day for Mommy & Daddy! The previous night, Daddy played in two church softball league games. Mommy went with him to watch. The games went late and afterwards we had your car seats checked by a police officer. We went to bed around 11:30. At 1:15 Mommy got up to go to the bathroom and my water broke! I knew right away what was going on and that I would be meeting my babies soon. Mommy went and woke Daddy up. After about 15 minutes of packing we drove to Mercy Hospital to check in. Daddy prayed while we were driving that all would go well. At about 4:00 Mommy & Daddy talked to Dr. Booth (who was 8 months pregnant) about whether we would have a c-section or not. Joseph, you were laying sideways so the doctor said there was a 50% chance that Mommy would need a c-section. She gave us the option of going directly to a c-section, but we decided that Mommy would try to have natural delivery. The nurse started me on pitocin at around 5:00. I had a lot of back labor for the first few hours but nothing major. Around 8:00 heavy labor started and Mommy was very uncomfortable for the next hour. Daddy was very loving and supportive. There was also a wonderful nurse (Karen) who was an amazing help through the entire labor. Dr. Booth recommended an epidural just in case an emergency c-section was needed. I was definitely ready for it after that hour of strong labor. After the epidural was given, the nurse told me that pretty soon they would be taking me to the c-section room to start pushing. Daddy and Mommy had about 30 minutes to rest and talk about your names (we still hadn't decided for sure). At around 10:00 Mommy was taken to the c-section room to start pushing. There were about 9 people in the room to help. At 10:31 A.M. Benjamin was born!!! Mommy and Daddy were so happy. We cried for joy. You were just beautiful! You had a head full of hair, pouty lips, 2 perfect little hands, and you screamed at the top of your lungs right away. The doctor announced that we had a beautiful boy. Mommy was able to reach out and touch you for just a minute before a nurse had to take you away to be examined.
Love,
Mommy
(To my readers...please overlook my appearance in these photos. I was still swollen & hadn't showered or rested from labor yet! I wanted to include them because of the special moments they bring back to mind of those 1st memories with my boys.)
10 comments:
Thanks a lot Debbi, you made me cry :) Happy tears of course--its a beautiful story! I so wish I had a picture with both of my boys right after they were born like that :(
Oh, PS....Hayden is still my baby even though he's 1, so enjoy them as your babies as long as you can and have a GREAT party :)
Oh Debbi! You made me cry. One is a big milestone. It's so amazing to hold these little ones in our arms and yet it seems like only yesterday that we were little ones ourselves. I am reminded daily how important it is to cherish EVERY SINGLE MOMENT! They will be gone and holding their own little ones before we realize what is happening!!! :-) Lots of love from Arizona!
Great Grandma C. email comment...
Hi Debbi, thanks for sharing this, you sure have a good memory. Of course, with the pictures it brings the memories back. Anyway, I enjoyed reading your story, almost felt I was there!! You and Doug are so blessed, and in turn are a blessing to so many others. Your boys are such a blessing too. How sweet it is to see how you are taking care of them, and really enjoying them. Some people just don't value children the way they should. I am so proud of you and Doug for keeping God uppermost in your lives and sharing Him with your babies. They still are babies and will be to you always. Your Grampa and I are looking forward to having you all here, only a few days now, right? Please pray that Grampa will be feeling better by then, he still doesn't feel as well as we would like, his blood pressure is too low and he gets dizzy often. But, he is still with us and we feel so blessed that he is doing as well as he is. Sometimes he really feels pretty well, and that is wonderful. God is so good to us, inch by inch it's a cinch, but by the yard, it gets hard!! We love you all, 'bye for now. Gramma
Debbi - I so very much enjoyed reading the account of the boy's "birth" day -- it brought back so many precious memories and it doesn't seem possible that a year has already gone by! Thank you for all your unselfish devotion to the boys before, during and after their delivery! We know you endured many, many rough days and nights. You are a super Mommy and we are so blessed to have you as our daughter-in-law! We are also thankful for the Christian home you and Doug are providing for the boys and for the times we can be together. We love you all! Grammi
What an amazing story! I love to hear other mom's birth stories. You look great in the pictures - a new mommy who has done so much work and the reward is those precious boys in your arms.
My "baby" is 19 months and the second year is so much fun. They have so much to learn and discover. Everything is an adventure. Have fun!!
What a great way to document this special moment. I remember when Dawn called me to tell me the news that the twins had been born. I was shopping in Archivers! She was excited and crying tears of joy! Enjoy their special day.
Debbi, This post is so touching! I know it is hard to see them grow up! And your picture with the boys after birth is beautiful! So glad you shared it!!
That was beautiful! I love reading birth stories!
Oh and you look just fine in your after birth pictures... If you want to see someone who looks REALLY bad in after birth pictures just take a look at mine!
Post a Comment