Benjamin & Joseph,
You are 3!!!
Being a mommy to 2 year olds has been so much fun I can't imagine age 3 topping it!
(But I have said that about every age!)
(But I have said that about every age!)
I am loving {almost!} every minute of being your mommy and watching you grow.
I cherish the moments we have lived together already and, I can't wait to see you continue to develop, discover, and learn even more.
I pray that you will be young men who love God most of all and love others with a passion.
Benjamin - You:
Still love your blankies (Pooh is the favorite) and suck your thumb.
You most often sleep on your tummy.
Are {mostly!} potty trained.
Weight 31 & 1/2 lbs. on our home scale.
Love to reenact the musical scenes from "Mary Poppins"
Ask Daddy often to "Talk about when" and have him re-tell you stories about when we got a new car, when there was a spider in the house, when Daddy fell down playing baseball, etc. . .
Usually sleep from 8:30-6:45ish and take a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon. You take a while to fall asleep at night, and I think you would sleep later in the morning if it weren't for Joseph.
Are very physical in your affection. You love hugs, being held, and wrestling.
Have started recognizing when your blood sugar is low and communicating that to me.
Take to water like a fish.
Love to laugh. You love "funny" things and you love to show off when you are comfortable with people.
Sing with me at bedtime and know all the words to many songs (Jesus Loves Me and Winnie-the-Pooh to name just a few).
Follow your brother's requests (orders) most of the time.
Are a messy eater & eat very quickly.
Like almost all food and are so good about eating vegetables.
Are selective about your TV choices and often loose interest in TV quickly.
Can sing the ABC song and know some of your colors.
Are very curious about body parts.
Today you asked what the clavical bone is called.
Love animals of all sorts, especially puppies.
Still often cry when I leave you in your class at church.
Are very perceptive and afraid of loud/different noises.
On the flip side of that, you love to make all kinds of noises!
You can perfectly imitate many sounds including the blues clues puppy noise & you love to roar.
Can do a somersault.
Love to do silly walks and funny body movements.
Are loved so very much!!!
Joseph - You:
Still sleep with your lovie and you also like to choose another blanket (your favorite changes weekly) with which to be covered.
Usually sleep on your back or side.
Weigh 33 lbs on our home scale.
Love the color red and rainbows (really anything bright and colorful).
Prefer to be in charge of all playing.
Have an organization streak.
Usually sleep from 8:30-6:45ish and take a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon.
You are almost always the first to wake up.
Currently have a little obsession with Panda Bears (or "Kong Foo Pandas" as you call them).
Are a neat and slow eater.
You savor foods you love & still sometimes make the "chipmunk noise" if you really like something.
Love to eat dairy (of all kinds), pickles, peanut M&Ms, and ice cream.
Would be very addicted to TV if I allowed it.
Love the color red best.
Love the color red best.
Are very interested in letters (but only know a few), can sing the ABC song, know all your colors, recognize most of your shapes, and can identify several numbers.
Love to color
Are a collector of small objects
(toy cars, sidewalk chalk, rocks, plastic batman toys from McDonalds; really, anything little)
Get frustrated very quickly when you can't master something new.
Like water, but don't like the splash park.
Have an opinion about clothing, shoes, and accessories and enjoy new items of clothing.
Your favorite type of clothing is colorful and has stripes.
Are loved so very much!!!!
You Both:
Wear size 7 shoes and 2-3T clothes
Stay in your beds calling for me when you wake up.
Love your brother and usually play well together. It is often others you have the most trouble sharing with.
Love, love, love being read too!
Will sit quietly and look at books "reading" them to yourself for at least a little while every day.
Have memories that astonish me daily.
Can't play outside or at parks enough.
Enjoy looking at family pictures and videos and rehearsing memories.
Love to run errands with Daddy in his car on Saturday mornings.
Can carry on a small conversation now and have lots of questions about everything.
Laugh at your brother's little "jokes" more than anything else. Many times I have no idea what is so funny.
Play together so well. I fell so blessed that you have each other.
Make up silly games (that usually involve falling down and running in circles) all the time.
Are the JOY of my life!!!
(Wonder how many actually read this!?! It was long I know, but I know I will love remembering all this when they are 30 and bringing home grand-babies for me!)
{grin}
(Wonder how many actually read this!?! It was long I know, but I know I will love remembering all this when they are 30 and bringing home grand-babies for me!)
{grin}
5 comments:
I read it! Im so glad you have your two little blessings :o) You will enjoy having this later. Its a good idea!
I love reading about the boys accomplishments. Can't wait to see them in a couple of weeks.
I read it too!
I love reading your updates. You really need to print out this blog in some form. It is a wonderful synopsis of all the fun things (and not so fun : ) things that are happening in the lives of your boys. What fun memories this will make as you share it with them as they are growing older.
I will warn you that taking pictures of kids get easier as they are older, but remembering to write down those "cute little memories" gets harder (at least in my experience.)
you will cherish this for years to come. Very sweet.
I read it and enjoyed it:) You do a great job recording their milestones!!
Post a Comment